According to the provisions of Law (4009/11 (Official Government Gazette 195 Α/ 6-9-11), as amended and in force under the provisions of Law 4076/12 (Official Government Gazette 159 Α/ 10-8-12) and Law 4115/13 (Official Government Gazette 24 Α/ 30-01-2013), the Senate consists of:
- The Rector of the University.
- The Deans of Schools.
- The Heads of Departments (no more than two per School) with a two-year non-renewable term, on a rotation basis so that all Schools are represented. The representation process is defined by Rector’s Decision.
- One representative of the undergraduate, one of the postgraduate, and one of the doctoral students.
- One representative of the Laboratory Teaching Staff, one of the Special Teaching Staff, one of the Laboratory Technical Staff, and one of the Administrative Staff, all with a two-year term, and voting rights only on issues related to their personnel category.
The exact composition and the number of members of the Senate with voting rights as well as any issues regarding the implementation of the above are defined by the Organization/ Organizational Chart and the Internal Regulation of the Institution. The Deputy Rectors and the Secretary of the Institution are authorized to be present without voting rights.
The responsibilities of the Senate include the following:
- Policy planning on Education and Research.
- Policy planning on Quality Assurance of the education and research process.
- Approval of the execution of financed research, education, training, and development projects.
- Approval of execution of ongoing training, and lifelong learning projects.
- Approval of the special register internal and external members of teaching staff selection or promotion committees.
- Approval of the regulations and the curriculum of the first, second and third study cycle.
- Approval of the regulations of study programs of the short and lifelong learning cycles.
- Decision making on the organization of study programs in cooperation with other domestic or foreign higher educational institutes and research centers.
- Decision making on the beginning and end of semesters.
- Delivering opinion to the Rector of the Institution on the Organization/Organizational Chart, and to the Council of the Institution on the Internal Regulation.
- Delivering opinion to the Council of the Institution on establishing or abolishing, merging, splitting, renaming or relocating Schools.
- Delivering opinion to the Rector on the organization or abolition of study programs
- Delivering opinion to the Rector on program planning.
- Delivering opinion to the Rector on the total allocation of funds for educational, research and other activities of the Institution based on the corresponding program planning agreements.
- Initiating for the cooperation of the Institution with national or foreign educational or cultural institutions, scientific and social bodies.
- Responsibilities that are not specifically given by law to other bodies of the Institution.
Kalliopi Baka, tel.: 210-529 4831, fax: 210-529 4832, e-mail: email@example.com
Georgia Gounari, tel.: 210-529 4831, fax: 210-529 4838, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org