Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Agricultural University of Athens and the Region of Central Greece in Evritania
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, a Memorandum of Cooperation was signed in Karpenisi for the support and upgrading of the university structures of the Agricultural University of Athens (AUA) in Evritania and the promotion of the sustainable development of the region. The Memorandum was co-signed by the Rector of the Agricultural University of Athens Spyros Kintzios, the Governor of Central Greece Fanis Spanos, the Deputy Regional Governor of Evrytania Aris Tassios, the Mayor of Karpenisi Nikolaos Souliotis and the Mayor of Agrafa Alexis Kardabikis. The event was attended by the AUA Vice Rector of Financial, Planning and Development Iordanis Chatzipavlidis and the faculty members of the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment Management Professors Anastasia Pantera and Andreas Papadopoulos, Chairman of the General Department of AUA.
The Memorandum of Cooperation concerns:
- The radical renovation of the Student Dormitory building, with a budget of 1,000,000 €
- the joint utilization of the building of ETH.IAGE. and other building facilities for the housing of the Laboratory Structures of the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment Management and to cover the needs for the operation of the Center for Agri-Food Innovation and Response to Agri-Food Crises of GPA
- Meeting the needs for the operation of interconnection structures within the University Research Center
- The coverage of needs for the operation of training programs within the Training and Lifelong Learning Center (Κ.Ε.DΙ.VΙ.Μ)
- The coverage of needs for the operation of the programs of the Vocational Training Center "Food and Agriculture Business Administration" and "Technology and Advanced Methods of Control and Traceability of Agricultural Products and Food"
- The utilization of spaces and buildings of the Regional Sector of Evritania, the Municipality of Karpenisi and the Municipality of Agrafa by the Agricultural University of Athens for the implementation of actions within the European University "EU-CONEXUS"
- The joint preparation by the Regional Sector of Evritania and AUA of a detailed proposal for establishing of a new Faculty in Karpenisi, in the context of the university’s strategic planning.
- The joint cooperation of the contracting parties for the shaping of rural development within the Regional Sector of Evritania through the investigation of issues and the elaboration of Research and Studies where required, and the dissemination of the results to anyone interested.